Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Is it normal to feel cramping and slight spotting after inserting an IUD??

I just had the IUD inserted this afternoon and im feeling a bit of cramping and some spotting has anyone else had the same problems? And is it normal??Is it normal to feel cramping and slight spotting after inserting an IUD??
Unfortunately yes. It will take some time for your body to adjust. Your periods will be irregular for the first year or so. You can go from spotting to heavy bleeding. Hopefully this will level off.
It is completely normal, your doctor should have mentioned this to you so you wouldn't freak. Hope you enjoy your IUD I have had mine for four years and I love it. Especially since it has stopped my periods.
It's complete normal. I did the same thing when I had mine inserted.
well see a doc in the er that is NOT normal sounds like the doc u saw is a quack he should have told u the side effects
You are fine I had mine done 2 weeks ago. I had cramping and slight bleeding the first day. The next day I felt a little better. Today I had really bad cramping. Almost what it felt like when they were putting the IUD in. I called my doctors and they said this is going to be normal for the next few months before my period until my body gets use to the IUD.
THE IUD IS GREAT. I HAD ONE IN FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. WHEN IT IS FIRST INSERTED YOU CAN HAVE MILD CRAMPING AND SPOTTING. THE SPOTTING CAN LAST FOR A FEW MONTHS. IF THE CRAMPING GET HORRIBLE OR THE SPOTTING GETS HEAVIER GO BACK TO THE DOCTOR. THE CRAMPS SHOULD STOP SOON.
After an intrauterine device insertion,it is normal to have abdominal cramps and slight spotting for a day or two. Report for any fever,severe cramping and bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment