Saturday, October 23, 2010

Is it bad to cross your legs?

i have sat with my legs crossed at the knee probably starting when i was around seven now i am fourty. i cross them every time i sit down, and always with the same leg right over left. eventually after a long period of crossing, my top leg gets numb. i have heard that crossing your legs can cause vein problems, back problems, and hip problems, i dont have any at all, but is this true that it is bad? do you cross your legs also? and are you aware it might be bad?Is it bad to cross your legs?
I have heard that is bad too. I am 20, and I have a habit of crossing my legs as well. I actually am starting to see some veins and that type thing, so... I am trying to quit doing that while I am still young, so that mine do not get worse.
It is considered the proper thing to do when wearing a skirt.
I have never heard of it being bad for your back or hips.
I certainly don't want vein, back or hip problems so I guess I am going to have to find a different way to set. :(
For long periods of time, crossing your legs could constrict the blood veins in your legs causing poor circulation and resulting in varicose (unsightly) leg veins.
I've never heard of back and hip problems caused by crossing your legs, but I have heard that it increases pressure significantly and makes it difficult for blood to travel through veins, therefore resulting in unsightly varicose veins. I read in Cosmo that it's okay to cross your legs, but switch which leg you have on top and if sitting for a long period of time, stand up or walk around. Hope I helped!
I've never heard of that. I cross my legs everytime I sit down but they're not crossed the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment