Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Is it normal to have a regular period lasting for 10-12 days with a heavy flow?

I have my period regularly month to month, but the bleeding is VERY heavy, sometimes soaking through super-plus tampons in like 3 hours or so, and my period lasts for like 10-12 days with a moderate to light flow after like 5 days. I was wondering if this is somewhat normal because I have had my period for a while and it has always been like this.
Thanks!Is it normal to have a regular period lasting for 10-12 days with a heavy flow?
It does sound a bit excessive, you should go to see your doctor and they'll probably give you a pap smear. On the other hand it may be normal for you , but you shouldn't take the chance. It could be that you need more exercise.
No thats pretty heavy,its not normal at all. Depending on your age i would reccomedn talking to your Gyno and get on a Birth controll pill that will help you out and shorten you days dramatically I go for 5-6 max. bleeding througha super plus in 3 hrs is too much, wear a light pad to save you some underwear. really speak to a gyno.
I know of some girls where it last about a week, but I've never heard nearly 2. Everyone is different, so maybe that's just how your body is wired. But I would have it checked out just in case.
It is probably just what's normal for you so nothing to really worry about. However, it would be good to see a doctor just to make sure that you are not becoming anemic from losing so much blood. It may be a good idea to take extra iron supplements. But if you feel fine and not dizzy, or light-headed you are probably just fine. Also, even if you've had your period for only a couple years or so it is still very likely to eventually change and balance itself out. If it is a big problem for you now though, you could see a doctor who could put you on the pill for a while which will help to regulate your period.

  • dedicated server
  • buy web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment