Thursday, October 21, 2010

Irregular periods...new mothers plz answer?

I had a babygirl April 6th, 2006 via c-section. I bled for the normal 6 weeks...then got the depo shot. I didn't like the side effects (especially two weeks of bleeding)...so I didn't get a second one. I had a "mini" period in the begining of december, which only lasted about 24 hours. A month later, I had my first real period. It lasted my normal 5 days, it was just like a period before the baby. That was Feb. 8th....I havn't had one yet. I'm not on any other b/c except condoms. What do you think? is this normal after having a baby?
thanks 4 the supportIrregular periods...new mothers plz answer?
it is normal to have irregular periods after having a baby. ur hormones are irregular for quite a long time after u have ur baby. It took a year b4 I got back to normal.
I think you need to see your OB doc,there's always a chance that your hormone levels are still not back to normal and your cycles are so off etc.Call tomorrow and make the appointment,I'm thinking you need some blood tests to be sure what's going on. Take care. SW RNP
Yes. Your period will need time to get back to normal. If you got depo, even one depo shot may last longer then the three months. So, that may be one reason your period has not returned to normal. I had my first child in july 05 and got three depo shots since then. But I've only had my period maybe 4 times total since then. I'm not worried. Your body just needs time go adjust and get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment